COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
In order to keep our staff and customers safe during these times we have implemented a number of new policies
- Staff will wear masks throughout the entirety of your stay
- Masks will be available for purchase for $1 if requested
- Axes will be thoroughly sanitized between groups
- Tables will be thoroughly sanitized between groups
- Sanitizing products will be readily available
- No one under the age of 8 will be permitted to participate in axe throwing.
- There is no age restriction for skating.
- Kids 8-15 must be with a parent or guardian.
- Smoking on-site may only take place in the designated smoking area outside.
- Horseplay of any kind is strictly prohibited. Such behaviour may lead to removal from site.
- Players must respect Valley Axe staff and other players at all times. Any harassing behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Players cannot throw with open-toe shoes. Only closed-toe are acceptable.
- Players will not throw axes at any target being used by another player at the same time.
- Players will not throw axes at any targets not designated to their group.
- Players that do not demonstrate the ability to safely handle or throw axes will not be allowed to participate in axe throwing events.
- No one on site will interfere with a Player in any way when they are throwing or preparing to throw an axe. Interference will result in removal from site.
- Spectators shall remain outside of the identified throwing area, which is defined by the coach.
Is this dangerous?
Valley Axe has gone to great lengths to ensure the safety of our players. Our coaches are well versed in the safety protocol and can recognize signs of danger very early on. No horseplay is allowed whatsoever. This is a non-contact sport, people!
How much is it?
Booked group events are $35 plus HST per person for 2 hours.
Do you guys serve food?
While at Valley Axe you can order from our bar to nearby restaurants. They have plenty of tasty options!
Who can throw an axe?
Anyone, really. From 8 to 100 years old. While many people find it difficult to land their first axe, coaches can guide just about anyone to success. After that first *thud* it only gets easier.
Can less than 6 people play?
Yes! Groups as small as 2 can book a spot to throw with us.
Is there a league I can join?
Leagues will be coming to Chatham in early 2022.
Do you sell axes at Valley Axe?
Yes, we do. We have a couple options for throwers which have been tested and confirmed to be excellent throwing axes for a variety of styles and throws. We don’t recommend any model that we wouldn’t want to sell to our own League members. Come in and check them out some time.
Can kids throw axes?
We can now offer throwing to everyone ages 8+.
Can I bring my own axe?
You can! But you might want to think hard about it. When you throw axes, they sometimes break. So hopefully you didn’t spend too much money on that axe. Axes from home will also need to pass a safety inspection by the event’s coach.
Do you have drinks?
Absolutely! We offer beer, coolers, and cider.
We’re also great enthusiasts of craft drinks, selling a variety of Ontario made craft beer and cider.
We also have assorted soft drinks, and water for purchase at Valley Axe.
What should I wear to an event?
Comfortable clothes. Think “lazy lumberjack.” Also, closed-toe shoes only. No sandals or flippy-flops. You know why.
What’s your cancellation policy?
Cancellations must be made within 72 hours of your event to avoid the loss of your deposit.
Do you have gift certificate?
Yes, we do. Come in to the range any time we’re open and we’d be happy to make out a gift card for a group event, League membership, or for your special someone’s very own axes. Just let us know what you’re thinking and we’ll get it set up. You can also buy them online here